Veterans and Active Military Information

The Office of Financial Aid serves as a point of contact for all Veteran and active military students at UConn Health.

Process for Obtaining Educational Benefits

File for Federal GI Bill™ Benefits

Submit Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the UConn Health Registrar’s Office

  •  The Certificate of Eligibility is a document the VA sends after authorizing your GI Bill use from VONAPP

Reserves/National Guard

  • Submit Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) to the UConn Health Registrar’s Office.
  • To be eligible for the Air/Army National Guard tuition waiver the applicant must (1) be a member in good standing of the Air/Army guard and (2) be accepted for admission on a full time or part-time basis in a degree-granting program.
  • Students must contact their Education Service Officer at their National Guard Units to apply for the waiver. Forms are processed through the Chain of Command, and approvals are sent to the Registrar’s Office to to be applied.

File your Form D

  • Every semester you enroll and wish to utilize any Veteran benefits, you must submit a Form D.

Combat Veterans Tuition Waiver

To qualify for the Combat Veterans Tuition Waiver, the veteran must meet all of the following requirements

  • Be honorably discharged or released under honorable conditions from active service in the U.S. Armed Forces (U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and Cost Guard). National Guard members, activated under Title 10 of the United States Code, are also included.
  • Have served at least 90 days active date in time of war (see Periods of Service at links below) except if separated from service earlier because of a federal Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) related service-connected disability; or the war, campaign or operation lasted less than 90 days and service was for the duration.
  • Be accepted for admission and enrolled at the University of Connecticut.
  • Be domiciled in Connecticut at the time of acceptance, which includes domicile for less than one year.