Electronic Reimbursements Submission
Electronic Submittal of Travel, Mileage, and Miscellaneous Reimbursements
Due to COVID-19, the finance department has revised the way travel, mileage, and miscellaneous reimbursements will be processed for the duration of the social distancing initiative. For a temporary time, the finance office will be accepting electronics submission of travel, mileage, and miscellaneous reimbursements.
All reimbursements will need to be emailed as a PDF document to the following email address: email@example.com.
Please keep in mind the following requirements:
- If a paper copy has already been submitted to finance, please do not send an electronic copy.
- All documents should be scanned into 1 PDF file (with multiple pages).
All supporting documents should be included, as per usual reimbursements. These include:
- Properly filled out reimbursement forms.
- Travel Authorization request with appropriate signatures.
- All original receipts should be copied.
- Proof of payment for each expense.
- Additional documentation supporting the trip (agenda).
- Copies of airline tickets, hotel invoices, train tickets, etc.
- Please provide copy of the MapQuest printout for mileage reimbursements.
- Authorized signatures (either digitally signed forms or hand signed. We will not accept typed signature).
If traveler’s personal credit card is used, please make sure to meet the following requirements:
- Redacted credit card statement linking ONLY the last 4 digits to the traveler’s name.
- All other unwanted personal information should be hidden/redacted.
- Only transaction that is being asked to be reimbursed should be showing.
The finance office reserves the right to request original receipts.
Once an electronic reimbursement is submitted, please do NOT send in a paper copy as well.
Please note that all other reimbursement requirements are still applicable.
All travelers seeking reimbursement need to make the following statement in the comments section:
“During Covid-19, I am working remotely and do not have the ability to supply original receipts to Finance. Attached are the scanned receipts. I am not seeking reimbursement from a third party for these expenses. I understand scanned receipts are an allowable exception only during Covid-19.”