Electronic Submittal of Travel, Mileage, and Miscellaneous Reimbursements
OVERVIEW: Due to COVID-19, the finance department has revised the way travel, mileage, and miscellaneous reimbursements will be processed for the duration of the social distancing initiative. For a temporary time, the finance office will be accepting electronics submission of travel, mileage, and miscellaneous reimbursements.
All reimbursements will need to be e-mailed as a PDF document to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Please keep in mind the following requirements:
- If a paper copy has already been submitted to finance, please do not send an electronic copy
- All documents should be scanned into 1 PDF file (with multiple pages)
- All supporting documents should be included, as per usual reimbursements. These include:
- Properly filled out reimbursement forms
- Travel Authorization request with appropriate signatures
- All original receipts should be copied
- Proof of payment for each expense
- Additional documentation supporting the trip (agenda)
- Copies of airline tickets, hotel invoices, train tickets, etc.
- Please provide copy of the MapQuest printout for mileage reimbursements
- Authorized signatures (either digitally signed forms or hand signed. We will not accept typed signature)
- If traveler’s personal credit card is used, please make sure to meet the following requirements:
- Redacted credit card statement linking ONLY the last 4 digits to the traveler’s name
- All other unwanted personal information should be hidden/redacted
- Only transaction that is being asked to be reimbursed should be showing
- The finance office reserves the right to request original receipts
- Once an electronic reimbursement is submitted, please do NOT send in a paper copy as well
- Please note that all other reimbursement requirements are still applicable.
All travelers seeking reimbursement need to make the following statement in the comments section:
“During Covid-19, I am working remotely and do not have the ability to supply original receipts to Finance. Attached are the scanned receipts. I am not seeking reimbursement from a third party for these expenses. I understand scanned receipts are an allowable exception only during Covid-19”.