Non-Reimbursable Travel Expenses
For all reimbursement questions, please contact a UConn Health Staff Accountant.
Items that will not be reimbursed:
- Transportation of any kind between an employee’s home and official work-site.
- Transportation via private livery service.
- For local taxis near duty station.
- Parking at Bradley International Airport.
- Passport, visa, and associated travel document fees.
- Meals during personal time taken during the trip.
- Purchase of alcoholic beverages. No alcohol may be purchased with UConn Health funds.
- Costs for personal items, prescriptions, toiletries, and laundry.
- Parking fines, traffic violation tickets or other fines.
- Interest on credit cards.
- Flight insurance to protect the traveler from penalties due to missed flight.
- First class airfare, including the domestic leg of an international trip.
- Additional airfare charges for extra leg room.
- Additional airfare charges for pre-boarding.
- Personal expenses such as newspapers, magazines, dry cleaning, and repairs to a personally-owned automobile.
- Personal expenses such as childcare or pet boarding fees.
- Costs for theater tickets, guest meals, entertainment and similar extraordinary expenses will not be reimbursed unless such charges relate directly to the purpose of the trip and are documented and approved as part of the original travel authorization.
- Travel expenditures that require an exception to policy approval must be routed through Sponsored Program Services for approval before being charged to ledger 5 Federal Funds.