COVID-19: Vaccine Program | TestingVisitor Guidelines | Information for Employees

Current Students Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact with questions on my tuition fee bill?

You can contact the Bursar’s Office at the following;


Phone: 860-486-4830


What is the Bursar mailing address?

University of Connecticut
Office of the Bursar
233 Glenbrook Road, Unit 4100
Storrs, CT 06269-4100
It is the student’s responsibility to submit the bills to the appropriate agency to obtain the appropriate funds.

Who do I contact with questions on my university loan?

You can contact the Student Fiancnial Services at the following:

Desiree Robinson: 860-679-2519
Ellen Trowbridge: 860-679-3191

When is the billing produced?

Billing for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year medical and dental students is posted to the account in June effective for July 1 of the respective academic year for fall session. Billing for the 1st year medical and dental students is posted to the accounts in August for fall session. Billing for all students for the spring session is effective January 1.

How do I read my bill?

The easiest way to interpret your bill is look at your actual charges verses your financial aid. If your financial aid is more than what your charges are, you will be sent a refund check once all has been posted to your account. If your financial aid is less than your charges you will owe the school the difference between the two. If you have not applied for financial aid, the full amount of your charges is due.

I never received my bill, how do I get a copy?

You can contact the Bursar’s Office via email or phone to get a copy or have it mailed to you. Just be sure that your address is correct with the Registrar.

What is the balance on my Account?

You may contact the Bursar’s Office via email or phone to inquire as to the balance.

Why am I being charged out of state tuition when I should be an in-state resident?

You may not have applied for in-state residency. You will need to contact the Registrar’s Office to see what needs to be done in order to qualify for instate residency status.

What is the difference between anticipated and applied financial aid on my Bill?

The anticipated financial aid is what has not been posted to your account. This information is also what is on your award letter that you signed in the Financial Aid Office. The applied amounts are all funds that have been posted to your account.

Can my parents or spouse call the Bursar’s Office with billing questions?

You must give the Bursar’s Office permission to discuss your account with your parents or spouse. Due to FERPA, we are unable to speak to individuals unless we have permission from the student.

Why am I billed for health insurance if I opted out?

The appropriate information may not have been received in the department that processes the health insurance waiver. Contact the health insurance coordinator in Financial Aid Office.

Why did my HCOP scholarship, tuition remission, university loan or other scholarships not post to my account?

You may not have signed your award letter or your Promissory Note in the Financial Aid office.

I received a refund for more money than I want, can I return funds back to the lender?

Yes you can return funds to the lender. You need to contact the Financial Aid Office to determine how much you want returned.

Can I pick up my refund check when they are processed?

You may pick up your refund check in the Bursar’s Office as long as you communicate with them that you want your check held. Allow 3 to 4 days for prearrangement. You may email or call at the following:

Michael Chavis: 860-679-3934

Shandese Williams:860-679-2780

Desiree Robinson: 860-679-2519

Please note: You must produce your student ID in order to pick up your check. No other form of identification will be accepted.

Can my spouse, parent, sibling or roommate pick up my refund check?

No, the only individual able to pick up the refund check is the actual student with proper identification (student ID only).

What are your business hours?

The business hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Can we make payments via credit card?

At this time, only personal checks, bank checks, money orders or cash are acceptable for payment.

Why didn’t I get my refund check but my roommates did?

You may not have updated your current mailing address with the Registrar’s Office. Please be sure to have that current at all times. Contact the Bursar’s Office to verify when your funds were processed.

I received my refund check but lost it, what do I do?

Contact the Bursar’s Office. A stop payment will need to be placed on that check and a replacement check issued.

When are the 1098-T’s produced and mailed?

The 1098-T’s are produced and mailed out to all students at the end of January.

Why didn’t I get my 1098-T form?

We may not have had the appropriate address or it has been lost in transit. You may contact the Bursar’s Office and a copy will be resent to you at the correct address or you may request to pick it up.

I am in the Military Program and received a bill, what do I do?

You submit your bill to the respective branch for payment.

Why is there a Bursar “hold” on my account?

There is a Bursar hold on your account because you must have a balance due. Contact the Bursar’s Office for additional information.

I am on a leave of absence but I received a bill, why?

Your leave of absence form may be missing information contact the Admissions Office or the Registrar’s Office.

When will I receive a refund for the key deposit?

Refunds will be processed in the spring session of the current academic year for a refund.

I am graduating, why do I have to have an exit interview with the Bursar’s Office?

If you are a recipient of university-based loans it is required to have an exit interview.

I am a foreign student and my government is to send the funds for my education, but I get bills, what do I do?

It is the student’s responsibility to submit the bills to the appropriate agency to obtain the appropriate funds.

If I am a D.M.D./Ph.D. student and received a bill what do I do?

You submit your bill to the appropriate department administrator for payment.