**Effective 9/30/23 Updated Travel Authorization Procedure – Sponsored Program Allocation
If Employee Travel will be allocated to two or more Sponsored Programs (funds beginning with a 3,4,5, or 6), the following additional steps should be taken to ensure that costs are appropriately allocated in accordance with federal regulations.
Travel Authorization Process:
- Complete Finance Travel Authorization Request Form per Travel Guidelines
- Complete Travel Authorization Worksheet to define expected costs
- Complete Travel Authorization Allocation Worksheet to document allocation of charges to multiple sponsored programs
Additional instructions and requirements may be found at: Travel Authorization Procedure
Cash Management assists UConn Health with a variety of financial functions centered around billing and receipts of payments. We also staff UConn Health’s travel functions. Our mission is to oversee institutional branch (change) funds, produce accurate and timely third party invoices, collect and process associated payments, and to ensure the timely deposit of funds from all over the institution. We also follow up on loan payments from students who have separated from the institution. We are committed to superior quality service to help our faculty, staff, and former students meet their financial obligations to the University.
Through the team spirit of our operating units, we provide quality service from a dynamically deployed professional staff that is supported by the latest computerized technology. We strive to create an environment that supports all of our customers. Our students, administrative areas and external third parties experience a consistent, fair-minded and informed application of University policies and procedures.
It is our purpose to conduct our business transactions in the highest professional and ethical standards and follow policies and procedures of UConn Health and the State of Connecticut.
What We Do
The Cash Management Office is the collection point for the UConn Schools of Medicine and Dental Medicine. The department is responsible for managing the University loan management billing, collecting, refunding and cashiering functions campus wide. The Cash Management Office is made up of four distinct businesses on campus.
- Institutional Depositing
- Student Financial Services – Current and Former Medical and Dental Students
- Inter-Agency Accounts Receivable
The Cash Management team will provide the highest level of customer service, and promises to:
- Greet you with a smile.
- Be respectful and courteous at all times.
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate answers and information.
- Go the extra mile to ensure a positive customer service experience for you.
Our offices are open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us!