Get the latest information on scheduling appointments, COVID-19 vaccines, COVID-19 testing, visitation restrictions, and safety measures we have in place.

Former Students Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact with question on my bill?

You can contact the Bursar’s Office at the following:

Elizabeth Minor: 860-679-3331

Ellen Trowbridge: 860-679-3191

Daniel Lis: 860-679-1632

What is the Bursar mailing address?

Bursar’s Office
UConn Health
263 Farmington Avenue, MC 5105
Farmington, CT 06030-5105

What is the billing cycle?

Billing is on a monthly basis only.

When are payments due?

Payments are due on the 1st of the Month.

I never received my bill, what do I do?

You can contact the Bursar’s Office via email or phone to get the balance due on your account.

What is the balance/payoff amount on my account?

You may contact the Bursar’s Office via email or phone to inquire as to the balance.

What happens if I send in extra money when making my monthly payment?

Any extra money sent will be posted to the principal balance providing you are in current status. If you have multiple loans and you want the extra funds to be applied to a specific loan you need to specify this when making your payment.

Why am I getting a bill if I am in a residency program?

A deferment form was never completed. Please contact the Bursar’s Office for the form. Once you have the form, fill out the first page and have the second page authorized by your department official and return to the Bursar’s Office for processing. The form will not be processed without the authorization signature of the department official. Please note that a deferment form is required annually until you are no longer in a program.

How long can I defer my loan?

You can defer your University or Health Professions Loan unlimitedly providing you’re in a residency program and you have filed the appropriate deferment form annually. You can also defer your loan if you are in a fellowship for up to two years providing the appropriate deferment form has been filed.

Can my parents or spouse call the Bursar’s Office with billing questions?

You must give the Bursar’s Office permission to discuss your account with your parents or spouse. Due to FERPA, we are unable to speak to individuals unless we have permission from borrower.

I am now in repayment and my financial situation has changed. Can I put my loan in rehabilitation or forbearance?

You need to contact the Bursar’s Office and let them know that you are having financial hardship. You will be directed to fill out information regarding your monthly finances and submit to the Bursar’s Office along with a copy of your most current federal tax return. Upon the Bursar’s receipt and review of this information, a reduced repayment plan may be determined for a specified period of time which the borrower will agree and adhere to.

Do our loans get reported to the Credit Bureau?

Yes, all payment history is reported to the Credit Bureau monthly.

What are your business hours?

The business hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Can we make payments via credit card?

At this time, only personal checks, bank checks, money orders or cash are acceptable for payment.

When are the 1098-E’s produced and mailed?

The 1098-E’s are produced and mailed out to borrowers each January.