When Processing Invoices for Payment, Accounts Payable Staff Abides by the Following:
- Invoice submitted to Accounts Payable Department for payment must have a Purchase Order Number.
- Be sure your Purchase Order has enough money on it to pay your invoice.
- Payment are generated based on documented date of invoice receipt at UConn Health – Our standard terms for payments are net 30; from the “stamped date” of receipt at UConn Health.
- Product Invoice is entered into HuskyBuy system but receipt of product must be confirmed on the purchase order by Material Management in HuskyBuy in order for payment to be generated.
- Service invoice is not entered into HuskyBuy system until the invoice is signed by an authorized approver and then faxed to the Accounts Payable Department then the invoice can be entered into the HuskyBuy system.
- Accounts Payable generally requires a minimum of 3 business days to initiate payments. AP checks are only cut once a day due to data interchange requirements with our bank.
After approvals on service invoices are in place or receipt criteria are met, invoices are sent to the Banner System for payment.
NOTE: DO NOT ATTACH INVOICES DIRECTLY TO YOUR REQUISITION as there is no system notification to Accounts Payable. Invoices should be mailed to AP for processing.
To avoid any “CREDIT HOLDS” to our vendors, be sure to have receipts and approvals on your invoices done in a timely manner.