When Processing Invoices for Payment, Accounts Payable Staff Abides by the Following:
- Invoices submitted to Accounts Payable Department for payment must have a Purchase Order Number.
- Invoices should be sent immediately upon receipt to the general AP mailbox: email@example.com. Prior approval is no longer required; invoice approval will take place in HuskyBuy.
- Be sure your Purchase Order has enough money on it to pay your invoice.
- Payments are generated based on the documented date of invoice receipt at UConn Health – Our standard terms for payments are Net 30; from the “stamped date” of receipt at UConn Health or the vendor invoice date, if received by email directly from the vendor.
- Product Invoices are entered into the HuskyBuy system, but receipt of product must be confirmed on the purchase order by Material Management in HuskyBuy in order for payment to be generated.
- Service invoices are entered into the HuskyBuy system and routed to the department PO Owner for authorized approval.
- Accounts Payable generally requires a minimum of 5 business days to initiate payments. AP checks are only cut twice a week (Mondays and Thursdays).
NOTE: DO NOT ATTACH INVOICES DIRECTLY TO YOUR REQUISITION as there is no system notification to Accounts Payable. Invoices should be emailed to AP for processing.
To avoid any “CREDIT HOLDS” to our vendors, be sure to have receipts and approvals on your invoices done in a timely manner.