The Accounts Payable Department ensures all disbursements of UConn Health funds are done in accordance to policies and procedures of UConn Health. Failure to follow policies and procedures will put us on “Credit Hold” by our Vendors. Our knowledgeable staff is available to help vendors and staff with any payment related questions including reimbursement and invoice resolution. Please check our links on payment related questions.
What We Do
Our Accounts Payable Staff is responsible for processing payments of goods and services to vendors and provides guidance to both external and internal customers with the most efficient, precise and prompt services.
Our Accounts Payable Department consists of three parts. Below is a quick overview of responsibilities.
- Invoice Entry Staff
- Process and distribute incoming mail.
- Enters incoming invoices into the HuskyBuy system for payment.
- Sends “TW” invoices to appropriate department for approvals before invoices are entered into HuskyBuy system.
- “Batching” review invoices to the daily report for invoices that were processed from the prior day.
- Problem Desk Staff
- Enters all “TW” invoices into system after approvals are in place.
- Check assigned vendor statements for accuracy.
- Follow-up with various UConn Health departments and vendor for invoice resolution on assigned vendors.
- Vendor distribution list assigned to staff.
- Solutions Team Staff
- Solutions Team page.
- Responsible for processing invoices that are already entered into our HuskyBuy system but do not meet UConn Health guidelines for payment.
- Follow up with various departments on various issues such as: entering receipt; initiating a “Change Order Request” on those invoices that exceeds tolerance limit.
- Closing out POs that still have encumbrance.