Audio resources for relaxation techniques (most audio resources are available for both iPhone and Android).
- From Our Own Dr. Norman Andrekus-guided Meditation: 5-, 10- and 20-minute files you can download for guided meditation.
- Calm. App for mindfulness and meditation.
- Insight Timer. Free guided meditation library.
- Breathe2Relax: Breathe2Relax uses touch screen technology, graphics, animation, narration and videos to teach diaphragmatic breathing. Created by the National Center for Telehealth & Technology (T2, a component center of the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury (DCoE). DCoE is a principal component of the Healthcare Operations Directorate under the Defense Health Agency.
- Headspace: Download an app to help you train your mind.
- Meditation Oasis: A range of meditation resources including downloadable guided meditations, books, and other resources. Some resources are free.
- Mindfulness Coach: By helping to focus attention on present experience and away from potentially distressing thoughts about the past or future, mindfulness meditation helps to reduce tension and worry and improve coping. The Mindfulness Coach mobile app was created to introduce the concept of mindfully focusing attention and to facilitate the acquisition of the skill through practice. Created by the National Center for Telehealth & Technology (T2, a component center of the Defense Centers of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury (DCoE). DCoE is a principal component of the Healthcare Operations Directorate under the Defense Health Agency.
- Relax and Sleep Well with Glenn Harold: Twenty minute guided meditation with music.
- Relax with Andrew Johnson Lite
- Relax with Andrew Johnson
- Reviews of four apps to relieve tension:
1. Belly Bio: An iPhone app that uses the device’s accelerometer to monitor proper diaphragmatic breathing.
2. Mindfield eSense Skin Response and Mindfield eSense Temperature: two apps that work with your iPhone or Android to provide skin conductance or temperature feedback with guided practice. To use the apps, a monitoring instrument which connects to the phone must be purchased. The instruments are available on the Mindfield Biosystems website.
3. My Calm Beat: App for the iPhone or Android that personalizes and monitors paced breathing practice.
4. Breath Pacer: A paced breathing app available for iPhone or Android devices.