- Delegating. Mary Casey Jacob, Ph.D., ABPP. October 12, 2016. Step-by-step suggestions for effective delegation. (10:19)
- Difficult Conversations. Mary Casey Jacob, Ph.D., ABPP. June 9, 2016. Targeted for faculty who wish to be more effective at giving feedback and guidance to peers, trainees and employees. (28:03)
- Mentoring Made Easy: Tips and Strategies. Amy James. November 20, 2016. (53:28)
- Radical Candor — The Surprising Secret to Being a Good Boss. Kim Malone Scott. February 11, 2016. This is a video about giving feedback/guidance in a useful way. (21:25)
- What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You: Gender Stereotypes and Academic Career Advancement. Molly Carnes, M.D., M.S., University of Wisconsin-Madison. November 17, 2010. (58:27)
- Mentoring Resource Pages at Other Institutions
- Rackham Graduate School, University of Michigan
- Giving Effective Feedback: A Faculty Development Online Module and Workshop. Aagaard E, Czernik Z, Rossi C, Guiton G. MedEdPORTAL Publications. 2010; 6:8119.
- Entering Mentoring: A Seminar to Train a New Generation of Scientists. Handelsman, J., Pfund, C., Lauffer, S.M., and Pribbenow, C. (2005). The Wisconsin Program for Scientific Teaching. This is a book describing a seminar for those learning to mentor graduate students and fellows.
- National Research Mentoring Network
- Obtaining Mentors. Mary Casey Jacob, Ph.D., ABPP. April 28, 2017. This video will help you identify your mentorship needs, think about who might mentor you, and how to request mentorship. (22:17)
- Being an Effective Mentee. Mary Casey Jacob, Ph.D., ABPP. April 28, 2017. This video will help you negotiate a "contract" with a mentor, structure your time with your mentor, and gracefully end formal mentorship when the time comes. (9:21)
- Center for the Improvement of Mentored Experiences in Research.
Time and Email Management
- Time and Email Management. Anne Kenny, M.D. August 24, 2016. (17:15)
- In Box Zero. Merlin Mann. July 23, 2007. (58:41)
- How to Trim Your Inbox, Stop Checking Email and Be More Productive. Sabina Nawez, (2017) Inc.