Support People: Labor & Deliver, OB/GYN
Changes to Current Support Person for L&D, OB/GYN
- All patients arriving to L&D for inpatient cesarean sections, labor, or induction of labor will be allowed one* support person.
- All support people will continued to be screened prior to entry to the unit and banded with the yellow bands.
- Support person will not be allowed to leave the unit until the patient is discharged home. This will included going off the unit to the café.
- We will be giving the support person access to order off the menu, at no charge to them.
- Parking passes will be provided to support person upon discharge.
- All antepartum patients will not be allowed visitors beginning 8 p.m. March 20, 2020 until further notice.
- No visitors allowed for any triage/outpatient patients.
- OB/GYN waiting room only for inpatient support person (outpatient visitors may wait in their cars).
- If patient admitted for labor/cesarean section then they will be allowed in after they are screened and banded.
* If a patient has a certified doula (nurse can ask for certification) then that is an exception. The doula should be screened and banded and would be allowed in with the patients significant other. There may be extenuating circumstances where exceptions are made.