Academics & Research
In an effort to streamline the sharing of information related to research continuity, UConn’s Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) is providing updates on one webpage for both UConn Health and UConn Storrs.
School of Medicine
October 13, 2020 Update:
- Stage 1 courses are currently hybrid with both online and on-campus components.
- Clinical education has resumed at all affiliated hospitals with proper PPE.
- Beginning on Monday, March 16, UConn School of Medicine preclerkship classes will move to online course delivery. This will be evaluated for its continuation on a regular basis.
- All clinical clerkships will continue, but students will not participate in the direct care of suspected or known COVID-19 patients.
- All community-based weekly clinics will be cancelled until the week of April 6.
- All research and its operations will continue as usual.
- Specific guidance on medical education activities will be communicated individually to students.
School of Dental Medicine
October 1, 2020 Update:
- Predoctoral and graduate level didactic instruction is currently underway in a hybrid model including on-campus and online components.
- Preclinical instruction has resumed with course-specific modifications and appropriate PPE in place.
- Clinical education in SDM clinics has resumed with appropriate modifications and infection control procedures.