Academics & Research
In an effort to streamline the sharing of information related to research continuity, UConn’s Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) is providing updates on one webpage for both UConn Health and UConn Storrs.
School of Medicine
- Beginning on Monday, March 16, UConn School of Medicine preclerkship classes will move to online course delivery. This will be evaluated for its continuation on a regular basis.
- All clinical clerkships will continue, but students will not participate in the direct care of suspected or known COVID-19 patients.
- All community-based weekly clinics will be cancelled until the week of April 6.
- All research and its operations will continue as usual.
- Specific guidance on medical education activities will be communicated individually to students.
School of Dental Medicine
- The didactic components of the predoctoral (DMD) curriculum are transitioning to a virtual, online delivery beginning March 16. The School of Dental Medicine will evaluate its continuation on an ongoing basis.
- Preclinical simulation courses will be rescheduled or modified to permit social distancing.
- Clinical operations will continue and will be evaluated on an ongoing basis. Modifications to processes and procedures for patient care activities will be implemented as appropriate.
- Research activities will continue.
- Specific guidance for each year of the predoctoral (DMD) curriculum is being communicated to each cohort of students and specific guidance for each postdoctoral residency program is being communicated directly to the residents.