The SEOW Prevention Data Portal has gotten a makeover!
The DMHAS Center for Prevention Evaluation and Statistics (CPES) at UConn Health, and the Connecticut Data Collaborative, are proud to unveil the newly improved SEOW Prevention Data Portal.
With updated and expanded data offerings, new products, and a fresh look, the SEOW Prevention Data Portal offers itself as a vital data resource in DMHAS’ prevention and health promotion infrastructure.
The Portal has also been re-crafted on a more responsive platform, with the ability for CPES to update offerings locally, in real time. This key improvement positions the Portal to be more responsive than ever to Connecticut’s prevention and health promotion data needs.
- Increased responsiveness and reduced lag for all aspects of the Portal;
- Updated years available for existing indicators and data sets;
- DMHAS regional data available for some indicators;
- Addition of mental health, problem gambling, demographic, and social determinants of health indicators;
- More indicators linked to interactive data sets, with all of CTData’s visualization capabilities;
- Links to more than one data format for each indicator (website, report, interactive data, and graphs/charts, as applicable);
- A Data Stories Tab, which will allow for exploration of special data topics and emerging issues at state and local levels;
- Data-driven products in the form of CPES presentations, reports, guidance documents, maps, charts, etc.
The SEOW Prevention Data Portal is fueled by the work of the Statewide Epidemiological Outcomes Workgroup (SEOW), which promotes data sharing and prioritization of indicators, with an interdisciplinary, cross-agency perspective. With the SEOW as its epidemiological compass, CPES strives to keep the Portal in synch with Connecticut’s dynamic data environment. The Portal is CPES’ keystone response to its charge as a DMHAS Resource Link, which is to make data available, and build data capacity, across DMHAS initiatives and partners.
With this charge in mind, CPES and CTData took some time to step back and review the content, layout, and functionality of the Portal. CPES also assessed the existing and emerging needs of DMHAS and its prevention partners. These considerations guided the Portal updates, which are pervasive.
That said, the Portal remains a work in progress, with regular updates and additions planned in the weeks and months to come. Stay tuned, and check back often, to see what’s new at the SEOW Prevention Data Portal!
Check it out at: