The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease (NIDDK) maintains a central specimen and data repository (called the NIDDK Repository). The following statements are from the NIDDK Central Repository Specimen and Data Use Agreement:
"The National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease (NIDDK) has supported collection of specimens and data from participants in numerous studies. The specimens and data are held by the NIDDK Central Repository (hereinafter referred to as the “Repository"). In order to maximize the benefits of these resources collected with public funds and maximize their research value, it is important that these resources be made available, with appropriate terms and conditions, to the largest possible number of qualified investigators in a timely manner."
Please follow the steps below to access and download data or specimen from the NIDDK Repository.
- Complete the NIDDK Data Use Agreement (DUA) and have it signed by the PI and all collaborating investigators (NIDDK DUA Article 5(a)).
- Submit the following documents to SPS:
- signed DUA;
- proof of IRB review (either an IRB approval letter or an IRB determination of “Not Human Subjects Research) per NIDDK DUA Article 3(a); and
- data security plan (you may use this UConn/UConn Health template).
- SPS will add its Signing Official's signature to the DUA, which the PI can then submit to the NIDDK to request access to the data.