We have more food choices today than any generation before us, thanks to our supermarkets, gourmet stores and fast food restaurants. Combine that variety with today’s busy lifestyles and too often good nutrition takes a back seat to convenience.
The Nutritional Counseling Service provides education and strategies that will help you sort through all the choices and make healthy eating part of a healthy lifestyle.
Our goal is to provide you with the information you need to understand your individual nutritional needs and give you practical suggestions to help you achieve your nutritional goals and maintain them.
Our services can help you whether your goal is to manage your weight, lower disease risks or simply eat wisely while maintaining a busy lifestyle. A one on one, confidential nutritional consultation will provide a thorough nutritional evaluation including health assessment, medical history and food habits. You will receive scientifically based advice, realistic recommendations, and up-to-date nutritional information for long-term results.
- Managing Weight – Step by step guide to healthy eating and lifestyle changes. Emphasis on self-management and
- Diabetes Self-Management Series – Individual meal planning, group meal planning sessions and information for blood glucose control to improve health and lower risk of complications. The American Diabetes Association recognizes our Diabetes Education Program.
- Managing Digestive Disorders, Allergies – Learn how to meet nutritional needs despite limitations imposed by food allergies or other medical conditions.
- Improving Heart Health – Learn eating habits that can help lower cholesterol, blood pressure and heart disease risk.
- Sports Nutrition – Get the winning edge with nutrition that fuels fitness and performance.
- Special Women’s Nutritional Concerns – Nutrition to ease your body through transitional times such as pregnancy and menopause. Also beneficial for women with fertility concerns.
Referrals and Insurance
Since health plan coverage for general nutrition, diet assessment and other services varies, contact your insurance provider for referral and coverage information.