In addition to the in-house programs offered through the Department of Human Resources, UConn Health participates in educational opportunities offered through a partnership between the State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services and Connecticut’s Community College System. Human Resources serves as a liaison for registration and collection of payment for UConn Health employees who wish to participate in this program.
- 2017 Spring State of Connecticut In-Service Training registration is currently open. The registration deadline is February 3.
Requesting a Seat for an In-Service Training Course
- Requesting a seat is the first step in the approval process.
- Prior to requesting a seat, please discuss with your supervisor how your time will be accounted.
- Please note: Release time is based on business unit needs. Prior to requesting a seat, please discuss with your supervisor how your time will be accounted.
- Submit your Seat Request to the Human Resources Department. Your supervisor will receive an automated email asking him/her to review and approve the request.
- Once supervisor approval and payment are received by Human Resources, your seat request will be submitted to the State of Connecticut Department of Administrative Services. Seats will not be reserved until payment has been received.
- Payment information: Personal checks should be made payable to UConn Health Center and can be mailed or delivered in person to: Human Resources, Organizational and Staff Development Unit, MC 4035. Transfer Vouchers can be sent via email or interoffice mail to Human Resources, Organizational and Staff Development Unit, MC 4035. If you are seeking Union reimbursement, applications must be completed and submitted to the HR Benefits Unit.
- Once your seat has been reserved, cancellations and course substitutions are not permitted. Payment is required for reserved seats even if you or an alternate do not attend.
- Alternates: If for any reason you are not able to attend, an alternate may attend in your place. It is your responsibility to identify and select the alternate. Alternates must obtain approval from their immediate supervisor.