Complete, Compassionate Care for Female Reproductive Cancer
Women with gynecologic cancers, including cervical, uterine, ovarian and other cancers related to female reproductive health, receive compassionate, state-of-the-art care from nationally-recognized experts at the Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Our team includes leaders in gynecologic oncology, as well as highly skilled medical oncologists, a dedicated nurse practitioner, oncology nurses, radiologists, pathologists, nutritionists, genetic counselors, psychologists, an integrative medicine specialist and more. The team meets regularly to ensure that all aspects of every woman’s care are complete. Together, they provide:
- Precise diagnostic tests, including MRI and today’s best imaging tools.
- A full range of advanced treatments, including minimally invasive surgical techniques that are easier for patients, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and novel targeted therapies. Immunotherapy approaches are available to complement care.
- Personalized services to help patients make sound nutrition choices, maintain energy levels, manage fatigue and minimize stress.
- Prevention strategies: In conjunction with our unique Cancer Prevention Program for Women, we help women who are concerned about their risk of cancer, particularly ovarian cancer. We will work to help women understand their estimated risk and implement personalized, prevention strategies.
- Access to today’s most promising clinical trails to enhance care.
UConn’s Division of Gynecologic Oncology is one of the most experienced team of experts in the region. The program is led by Molly Brewer, D.V.M., M.D., M.S., a nationally-recognized surgical oncologist with special interests in minimally invasive procedures and cancer prevention.
Gynecologic Oncology Information
Please follow the links below to obtain up-to-date information from the National Cancer Institute. These links delve into cancer prevention, detection and treatment, and provide a wealth of additional resources.