We proudly join thousands of others every year to participate in events such as the Jim Calhoun Cancer Challenge Ride and Walk to raise both awareness and vital funds for research and patient care. Here are some events the Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center participates in every year:
- Annual Cancer Survivor's Day
- Coast to Coast for a Cure, to benefit the Lea’s Foundation for Leukemia Research
- Comcast NBC Connecticut Jim Calhoun Cancer Challenge Ride and Walk
- Connecticut Race in the Park, to benefit the Connecticut Breast Health Initiative, Inc.
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Relay for Life
- Susan G. Komen Race for Cure, Connecticut
Partnering with Amazing Volunteers!
Working with the UConn Foundation and groups of tireless, dedicated volunteers, the Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center receives strong philanthropic support from the following signature events, as well as hundreds of donations from other events and individuals every year.
UConn Cancer Research Golf Tournament
For more than 30 years, this annual event has raised critical funding for cancer research at the Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center and for the American Cancer Society.
To date, donations have surpassed $2 million and have funded initiatives including equipment to bolster state-of-the-art research studying microscopic changes in colon tissue, research into new cancer vaccine treatments and both the establishment and expansion of a public tumor bank.
Educating the Public
We are deeply committed to our community. Every year, experts from the Neag Comprehensive Cancer Center participate in dozens of lectures and screenings to help educate and empower men and women about new advances in cancer prevention, early detection and state-of-the-art treatments.
To learn more about upcoming programs, or to view archived talks and presentations, visit:
- Discovery Series: For more than 10 years, the Discovery Series has provided free educational programs, covering a wide range of timely health topics.