About UConn Health
UConn Health is dedicated to helping people achieve and maintain healthy lives and restoring wellness/health to maximum attainable levels.
In this quest, we will continuously enable students, professionals and agencies in promoting the health of Connecticut’s citizens. We will consistently pursue excellence and innovation in the education of health professionals; the discovery, dissemination and utilization of new knowledge; the provision of patient care; and the promotion of wellness.
UConn Health will be nationally recognized for improving the health of the citizens of Connecticut through innovative integration of research, education, and clinical care. To achieve this, UConn Health will:
- Be admired nationally for the quality of health professionals we train.
- Be viewed as a model for the integration of the latest knowledge into the provision of health care and disease prevention, and for transferring what we have learned into the community.
- Establish our research as relevant, contributory, and transforming.
- Ensure our signature programs’ national reputation based upon translational clinical research, so that patients from a broad geographic area will seek out UConn Health for prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Have a strong reputation in our region for utilizing the most effective care practices, as well as maintaining the highest levels of patient safety and satisfaction, leading patients to consistently choose UConn Health medical and dental clinical services over other providers.
- Attract the best students to our schools, and the most skilled faculty and staff to our organization.
- Be an indispensable partner to the State in health care policy development.
- Make significant contributions to the improvement of the health of Connecticut citizens, particularly in underserved communities.
- Be financially strong.
- Excellence — We recognize and support greatness in our caregivers, educators, and students for the benefit of our patients.
- Teamwork — We realize the maximal potential of our students, faculty and staff.
- Leadership — We promote professionalism, compassion, diversity, and social responsibility in all areas.
- Innovation — We are dedicated to the discovery and communication of breakthrough ideas in education and health care delivery, and health promotion.